Dear bacon lovers,
Looking for a perfect appetizer or holiday brunch treat? You’ll love this oven-baked, thick-slized bacon brushed with a sweetly complex beer-based glaze. It couldn’t be simpler to prepare, and we can pretty much guarantee that it’ll be the first thing to disappear from a buffet table.
You can use any beer you like, even non-alcoholic beer, for the glaze. A Belgian Quad, a roasty milk stout or a nutty brown would all compliment the sweet, smoky flavors of the bacon. We like a rich vanilla porter for its toasty flavor and vanilla undertones. For this recipe, we used vanilla porter from Breckenridge Brewery–one of our favorite beer makers in our home state of Colorado.
Shall we make some bacon?
- 1 pound thick-sliced bacon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup Vanilla Porter or your favorite beer*
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Combine brown sugar and beer in a small bowl, whisking well to form a thin syrup. Set aside.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Arrange the pieces of bacon on the prepared baking sheet, overlapping if necessary. Place in oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and brush one side of the bacon with the beer syrup. Flip, and coat the other side with the syrup as well. Return to oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven, and blot any excess grease with paper towels. Flip the bacon over and brush with the glaze. Cook until bacon is crispy and browned, flipping again if needed. You may have a little glaze left over.
- Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes or up to an hour before serving.
*You can make this recipe with nonalcoholic beer if you like. To serve as an appetizer, cut the bacon slices in half horizontally before cooking.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 503Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 75mgSodium: 1283mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 0gSugar: 16gProtein: 26g
Are you on Pinterest? You can save or share the recipe with this pin:
Let’s keep this party going! BENSA would love to connect with you on social media:
If you prepare Beer Candied Bacon, we’d love to hear what you think in the comments section of this post!
Your friends at BENSA